Model Based Engineering at Northrop Grumman Electronic SystemsRegister »
Tuesday, August 25, 2015 | 02.00 pm Eastern
Presenter: Guy Babineau, Chief Engineer, Model Based Engineering, Northrop Grumman Electronic Systems
At Northrop Grumman Electronic Systems, we are committed to achieving business objectives for reducing cost and schedule while also meeting challenging technical objectives. Model Based Engineering is a method by which we have proven these results. Our definition of Model Based Engineering is where models are integral to the technical baseline and are utilized by all disciplines operating through the entire product life cycle from conception through operation in the field.
Having demonstrated success in Model Based Engineering on multiple programs, we are transforming the whole organization in that direction. This is a difficult transformation because it is a change to the way many engineers and programs have worked in the past. It is therefore a cultural transformation and addressing the cultural aspects is critical. This presentation will address the techniques employed by Northrop Grumman Electronic Systems to adopt Model Based Engineering and in particular discuss factors which increase the success of adoption.
- Optimizing Constructability to Reduce Wind Energy Cost
- Rocket Science in the Fast Lane: Optimizing a New Upper Stage Rocket Engine in Six Weeks
- Simulation Workflow Automation Combined with Data Capture
- Reduce Risk and Cost with ReliabilityPak
- JPL Develops MBSE Tools to Perform Business Case Analysis for DARPA's F6 Program
- Simulation Analytics Using PHX ModelCenter and Tecplot Chorus: UAV Flight Performance Prediction
- Spaceworks Engineering Optimizes Aerodynamic Shape for an Air-Dropped Launch Vehicle with PHX ModelCenter
- AFIT Meets New Rocket Engine Design Requirements with PHX ModelCenter
- Integrated Design Tools Save Time and Money